Chenge (Joanna) Du
Joanna joined us in October 2023 to support a project aimed at developing bioinformatic methods for ribosome profiling to characterise translational dynamics. Ribosome profiling allows the mapping of actively translating ribosomes to a messenger RNA, however, eloquent bioinformatics data processing is required to provide this codon-level insights. Ultimately, Joanna’s work may identify novel regulatory mechanisms determining ribosome decoding dynamics.
Joanna holds a BSc Hons in Biomedical Informatics from University of Edinburgh and a MPhil in Health Data Science from University of Cambridge.
Research Assistant (Oct 2023 - now)
Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute, University of Cambridge, UK
- MPhil in Population Health Sciences (Health Data Science track), University of Cambridge, UK, Sep 2023
- BSc Hons in Biomedical Informatics, University of Edinburgh, UK, Jun 2022
- BSc in Bioinformatics, Zhejiang University, China, Jun 2022
Honours and awards
- HDRUK Scholarship 2022-2023
- Neurocomputational investigation of human schema-based learning, decision making and their modulators in ecological settings. EBBS 2021 poster, second author.